During the webinar, the various project partners of PlastiCity in Ghent zoomed in on their role in the project and the assets in the Ghent region: a local and European policy with attention to clean technology and the circular economy, Ghent University as a unique knowledge partner specializing in the recycling of plastics in the CAPTURE initiative, and cooperation with pioneering business partners. You can view the presentation of the webinar in its entirety.
We also gave all participants the opportunity to share their experiences.
Opportunities and threats
The companies want to commit to more plastic recycling out of their social and sustainable responsibility and to anticipate future legislative changes.
But it is a complicated story for which they do not always have the necessary infrastructure and there is still insufficient knowledge of the relevant technology.
Tips for more recycled plastics in business processes
From the design phase of products, pay attention to the use of recycled plastics and to recyclability
Develop new business models such as switching from a product (washing machine) to a service (laundry)
Bringing together all parties concerned with plastics,
Conducting feasibility studies.
- To unburden the plastic waste providers and develop business cases for a greater use of recycled plastics:
- We provide collection of your plastic waste and provide storage space in the PlastiCity HUB.
- CAPTURE has the expertise and technological know-how and analyzes your business waste in the mobile test lab.
- We organize workshops with Designers to get started with product design.
- Consultant Deloitte will act as matchmaker with you and the project partners and analyze the economic viability of business ideas and value chains.